Tuesday 20 August 2013

Let the adventures begin!!!

I arrived in Connecticut at 5:30 on Monday evening and Jess fetched me at Hartford station. We headed off to meet her fiancé, Jimmy, at the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. The food was amazing but the dessert was mind blowing: white chocolate raspberry truffle cheesecake. They had three pages of menu dedicated solely to cheesecake (Mom, you would die!). After dinner we headed back to Jess and Jimmy's gorgeous new little apartment in Meriden and watched a movie.

This morning Jess and I headed to Hamden to hike up the Sleeping Giant (previously mentioned in "the inside scoop"). It was a lovely day and a beautiful trail. We got to the top and decided to FaceTime both our moms. Totally awesome :) when we got down, we headed into Hamden to visit the bank (I used a drive thru ATM!) and almost got hit by an absolute idjot (spelt like that intentionally) on the way out. Jess called her a poephol - I was so proud! :) 

We stopped at a jewelry store and I got myself some Alex and Ani bracelets and one for Jess as an engagement gift. They are huge thing in America right now. A sort of charm bracelet. I love them :) they are made from recycled materials and each charm has a meaning behind it. there are also various charms connected to charities which means a portion of the profits goes to the charities when you buy them. I got five bracelets: a western saddle, a feather, an Aries charm, a medallion that says Live Music and one that says Completely Blessed. I shall be a trendsetter when I get home! I am sure of it :) 
Anyway, when we got back to her apartment I met her new pet - a hedgehog named Omri! He is too cute!!! He curls up in a ball and sticks his spikes out all around him if you out him on his back! I had a good giggle when I met him!

Jess and Jimmy and I went to Sakimura for dinner and had habachi. It was awesome! They cook the food in front of you and put on a whole show, squirting saki and tossing zucchini into the patrons' mouths and spinning their spatulas etc. I caught the zucchini :) lolsies. It is awesome to watch! We took half our food home in a doggy bag, and I found out in America you make your own doggy bag! They bring the box to you and you do the rest! 

All in all a great first day back in civilisation! 

Stay classy beautiful peeps c",)

No comments:

Post a Comment