Tuesday 14 May 2013

Kiss me goodbye, I'm defying gravity :)

And here I sit, almost comfortably ensconced in a not-too-budget leather chair at my boarding gate, hardly believing the day is finally here! Very pleased with my brave soldier face - there were (much to everybody's amazement, including me) no tears today! Only huge hugs, serious smiles, lots of laughing and a very special last visitor before I left :) I am taking off at 20h25, headed for Heathrow. After a brief morning coffee break (2.5 hours), I board my second flight to JFK airport, landing there at 12h15 local time (18h15 for you folks).

My first order of business will be finding a way to get from JFK, which is a fair way out of the city, into the busy bumbling bustle that is New York. After checking into my hostel, I will head out to finally taste my first bite of the Big Apple! Broadway will be my first stop (duh) and if I have time,I will try to see Central Park on my first day too, as both of these are close to where I'm staying.

Next update from Heathrow!

Stay classy c",)


No comments:

Post a Comment