Wednesday 15 May 2013

London calling (not at all!)

It is a different world over here. Gloomy weather, gloomy people, crappy coffee and surprisingly, ANNOYINGLY slow (I mean, really, England? Really?!) expensive internet are my world temporarily. And BOY am I glad I ain't staying! I am now even more excited for the bigger, brighter (I hope!!!) world of America after this interlude.

The flight was not bad at all. We hurtled down the runway and off into the night sky at fantastic and terrifying speeds, barrelling straight towards the burnt-red, sickle moon that was sulking just above the sparkling city lights as though it were the center of an imaginary target we were aiming for. Dinner was fairly tasteless and breakfast was even worse. I'm sure at some point it was scrambled eggs, but by the time we ate it, it was simply yellow globs of yuck submerged in what appeared to be dirty dish water. And much to my dismay, Ironman 3 was not on the inflight entertainment list, so after one movie, I stretched out across the empty seat next to me (bonus!) and slept most of the way.

I must cut this short as I have only one minute of my expensive internet left. See you in New York!

Stay classy c",)

No comments:

Post a Comment